On the way to the drop in centre, a place for children and their parents, she found herself walking past cafés and looking longingly through the window at the people enjoying a latte, a sandwich, a glass of wine. She wondered if there were no place she could go that was a place for parents and their children? An adult place. A sophisticated place. The kind of place she went to before she crossed over from being a woman to being a mother. Then she realized that there is no place like that.
So she opened one. Playful Grounds is for us, the parents. It`s not kiddified. It`s a place to relax and enjoy your coffee, your meal, your drink. The difference is that it has everything you need to occupy your child while you enjoy yourself.
Here are a few of the things we`ve implemented so far to make your life easier:
- Bathrooms on the main floor
- little stools in each bathroom stall and a tall stool at each sink
- change table in a large bathroom
- lots of high chairs and booster seats
- spare bibs for use (`cause I always forgot Kai`s)
- sippy cups and bowls with suction
- dairy and non-dairy kids drinks
- small water cups for small hands
- main menu and mini menu with healthy food (available to anyone regardless of age)
- a play area with a kitchenette, train table, puzzles, toys and books for kids and parents
- ample stroller parking inside and out
- a rack of $1 items, the kind of things you run out of all the time such as diapers, baby mum-mums, bananas, etc...
- the list goes on and on.....
We will be open before months end. Stay tuned for more!